215 North Main, Buhler, KS
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(Closed Sunday and Monday)
Volunteers, the Backbone of the Thrift Boutique
Operating the boutique requires having 2 - 5
trained volunteers present at all times.
* Sorting donations to eliminate stained, torn, broken items
we don't want to display.
* Cleaning items (washing dishes, possibly washing clothes
or steaming/fluffing them in the dryer, etc.)
* Making simple repairs to otherwise good items
* Painting furniture, etc., to make it look "shabby chic," etc.
* Welcoming customers and answering questions
* Running the cash register
*Cleaning (sweeping, dusting, etc.)
* Picking up donations and bringing them to the store in Buhler. (This might be after someone's rummage sale or going to a person's home to load furniture, etc. Consider the size of your vehicle since sometimes it will be a large amount to haul. Also, consider your strength for lifting. We might eventually be able to provide a truck and/or trailer, but for now, we'll need people who can provide their own.)
We need to fill (2) shifts every day Tues. - Sat.:
10:00 AM - 1:30 PM, and 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM
If you are available for any of those times, or if you can come on a less structured time frame, please contact us by calling (620) 727-5532 or via email.
Thank you in advance!
(Everyone who volunteers at least 4 hours a month will receive a
20% discount at the boutique for that month!)
Donations keep the store open!
We are accepting gently used and new items as donations, such as adult and children's clothing and accessories, shoes, home decor, dishes, housewares, pictures, furniture, and more. It is very helpful if you can bring your donations to the store during regular business hours. However, if you have a special situation, and you need someone to pick up large items, or if you need to bring them at a different time, please call us to arrange it. (620) 727-5532 or email us.
And please request a receipt to use for tax purposes!
We're amazed at the wonderful items and clothes that are being donated to the boutique!
Come see for yourself! Great prices, too!
(Picture by Kathy Hanks, Reporter for Hutch News)
Copyright Becky Spencer Ministries 2012